Protect systems, applications and data regardless of where it lives.
is a big shift fromt he traditional way businesses think about IT resources and has several benefits; let's take a closer look at a few:
- Cost - Cloud computing eliminates the capital expense of buying hardware and software and setting up and running on-site datacenters—the racks of servers, the round-the-clock electricity for power and cooling, the IT experts for managing the infrastructure. It adds up fast.
- Speed - Most cloud computing services are provided self service and on demand, so even vast amounts of computing resources can be provisioned in minutes, typically with just a few mouse clicks, giving businesses a lot of flexibility and taking the pressure off capacity planning.
- Global scale - The benefits of cloud computing services include the ability to scale elastically. In cloud speak, that means delivering the right amount of IT resources—for example, more or less computing power, storage, bandwidth—right when its needed, and from the right geographic location.
- Productivity - On-site datacenters typically require a lot of “racking and stacking”—hardware set up, software patching, and other time-consuming IT management chores. Cloud computing removes the need for many of these tasks, so IT teams can spend time on achieving more important business goals.
- Performance - The biggest cloud computing services run on a worldwide network of secure datacenters, which are regularly upgraded to the latest generation of fast and efficient computing hardware. This offers several benefits over a single corporate datacenter, including reduced network latency for applications and greater economies of scale.
- Reliability - Cloud computing makes data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity easier and less expensive, because data can be mirrored at multiple redundant sites on the cloud provider’s network.
"We checked a number of backup solutions, but VM Locker won on price, support and ease of use and the fact that it focuses on recovery, not just backup. When we test a solution, we call the vendor’s support to see how helpful their people are. Then the solution must be easy to set up and easy to explain to our people, and it must recover data easily. onebridge ticked all the boxes."
- Joseph Wrightster, Director of Information Technology, Sheraton Hotels
“I don’t consider many things in the IT world to be truly “magical;” however, the OneBridge family of x4products works very well and is extremely reliable—it’s saved us and many clients from disaster."
- Beverly Schaffer, Senior IT Architect, Vroom Communications
“The support staff has been responsive, and the ability to license the items monthly on the fly has enabled my business to focus and keep track of our backup billing.”
- Guy Sponaki, CIO, Joomla Networks, Inc.